oxygen sensor

Gotta love that wiring . . .
larrybarone

oxygen sensor

Post by larrybarone »

While trying to truoble shoot my signal lights,i pulled by fuse box and noticed a significant gage red wire not connected to the very first position to the left . According to my shop manual that wire is probably the oxygen sensor. The blade connection was very loose and i dont think it fell off during the removal of the fuse box from its mount.In any case how important is the oxygen sensor? My guess is that it was disconnected before I boughtb the car but dont know for sure.
Should i leave it disconnected and if so what trouble am i asking for.
So Cal Mark

Re: oxygen sensor

Post by So Cal Mark »

the O2 sensor is not connected to the fuse box. It's a single wire sensor that sends a signal to the ecu
larrybarone

Post by larrybarone »

So Cal Mark wrote:the O2 sensor is not connected to the fuse box. It's a single wire sensor that sends a signal to the ecu
What could that wire be then,let me clarify,the shop manual says that in position N this 8Amp fuse is for windshield wipers,Oxygen sensor switch,heater fan and digital clock display circuit.
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

the oxygen sensor switch is not the oxygen sensor, it's a switch to turn on the sensor warning light that informs you that it's time for scheduled maintenance