Fuse Replacement - Will These Work?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
supplyguy

Fuse Replacement - Will These Work?

Post by supplyguy »

Trying to replace the blown inline 15A torpedo fuse in the pink wire between ignition switch and the firewall. Nobody has these:

Auto parts place suggesting the more familiar versions....here. Will they work in place of the glass torpedoes? Thanks.
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Re: Fuse Replacement - Will These Work?

Post by htchevyii »

I think the glass is just a upgrade. Believe the exposed style would have been orginal. As long as the length is the same you should be good.
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,
Juarez

Post by Juarez »

I concur. Although I'm still rocking the classic German open fuses like the second photo. Safe to say the glass are an upgrade in a sense.
supplyguy

Post by supplyguy »

Ah - I thought glass was original and plastic the modern equivalent! Will install tonight and I am SURE all my electrical woes will be gone.
Kingme2
Your car is a: 1980 124 Spider

Post by Kingme2 »

supplyguy wrote:Ah - I thought glass was original and plastic the modern equivalent! Will install tonight and I am SURE all my electrical woes will be gone.
HEHEHE You are FUNNY!! :lol:
Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, we have decided to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel. We apologize for any inconvenience.

1981 Fiat Spider, all black... "Corvino", italian for the Raven
nelsonj
Your car is a: 1972 Spider 124

Post by nelsonj »

Also make sure the amp rating is the same (or at least close) to the original. I have a mix of glass and original style in my fuse box. Make sure they fit very snug, even if you have to bend the metal a hair to ensure a good contact even on bumpy roads.
Simi Valley, California
Spider 1800
Romans 10:9
supplyguy

Post by supplyguy »

Sorry if I was unclear......this was an inline fuse (vice fuse box) in the pink wire between ignition switch and firewall. Replaced glass one with the plastic ones above, and nothing works that didn't before, and nothing stopped working after installation, so I guess I will poke around with a circuit tester and see what I can learn!