Hmmm, blinkers are optional right?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Juarez

Hmmm, blinkers are optional right?

Post by Juarez »

So I recently repaired a head gasket, over heating, and several a long the way adventures. Although now my blinkers, reverse, license plate and hazards are not working correctly.

My hazards only work when I have the button pressed and then use either blinker. My headlights and brights are fine. When I hit the brake the brake lights as well as the yellow back lights turn on. On my final note, when I pull out the switch for the regular head lights my air conditioning will turn on if it is currently on.

Help in the right direction anyone?

-Juarez
SLOSpider
Your car is a: 1973 124 Spider 2.0FI

Re: Hmmm, blinkers are optional right?

Post by SLOSpider »

I would start by checking the grounds. I use a jumper lead from the battery negative terminal and start with connecting the other end to the tail light stud and see if there is a change. You can start touching the ground in other body areas to see if it fixes the issue too.
1975 124 Spider
1976 Mazda Cosmo http://www.mazdacosmo.com
1989 Chevy k5 Blazer
1967 GT Mustang Fastback
seabeelt
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: Fiat Spider - 1971 BS1

Post by seabeelt »

Agree, my son just had a similar issue and found a grounding screw had come loose in the trunk. It was attached to the left rear tail light. System starts looking for other grounds to make the system work and complete the circuit
R/
Michael and Deborah Williamson
1971 Spider -Tropie’ - w screaming IDFs
1971 Spider - Vesper -scrapped
1979 Spider - Seraphina - our son's car now sold
1972 Spider - Tortellini- our son's current
Juarez

Post by Juarez »

Hokay ... so when my low beams are off but my car is on all my lights work correctly when the hazard light is in. When the lowbeams( or high beams for that matter) only the left brake light works and one blinker light stays working.