Switches from Fiat X1/9

Gotta love that wiring . . .
babu2001

Switches from Fiat X1/9

Post by babu2001 »

Having in horror to install a rocker switch in my dash, I wanted something looking as much genuine as possible to light up the fog lights. I was thinking about replacing the safety belt light in my '83 by a light switch (who cares anyway? a late X1/9 model using the square ones like ours ('83-'85). I just got the confirmation that it won't work. Even if the dash hole size is the same, 22 x 19mm, the head of the switch is 26X26mm on the X1/9 while ours are 24X24mm. So, it seems my fog lights will still be pluged with the driving lights. :| Or maybe someone has a better idea?
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Switches from Fiat X1/9

Post by TX82FIAT »

Sounds like you want it to look like part of the factory design. If you are OK with it not looking like the factory design then just pick the right place and install the best looking toggle switch you can find. Quick, easy and cheap.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
babu2001

Re: Switches from Fiat X1/9

Post by babu2001 »

Yes, that's really want I want. Like the new gages I bought, Must be Veglia. I like it when it looks genuine even if not. So, I prefer not to install this switch and in fact it's gonna be cheaper and easier to just plug them with the regular lights. My brother is worst than me. Bought a whole Mercury Marquis '77 just to get the A/C components and put it back into the car of our father he's restoring. It's a family thing! :wink: