Tail Light Questions (help please)

Gotta love that wiring . . .
GDR76SPIDER
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Tail Light Questions (help please)

Post by GDR76SPIDER »

1976 124 spider

So i'm at the point in the rebuild where i am putting the rear lights back together.
i purchased new bulbs just to be sure and installed them. at first when i connected the wires on the drivers side, none of the lights were working, so i cleaned the contacts, and 2 lights worked. from left to right, it would be light 1&3 (turn signal & rear driving light? i think?)
on the passenger side however, when i connected the wires, none of the lights turned on, so again i cleaned the contacts and put a test light to wires. the rear driving light (yellow wire) gets power, so i know i just need to clean the contacts better for that bulb to turn on. But the blue wire, (turn signal i believe) gets no power to it?
i looked at the wiring diagram
The pic didnt show it all, but [the wire coming from the lower right, above the W is the LB from the passenger side tail
and followed the LB wire from the passenger side to the "turn signal switch" 42 this is the actual column right?
i then checked power at the "turn signal flasher" and none of the wires have any power coming to it.
The Grey wire at the "turn signal flasher" should have power coming to it correct?(30 in above photo)
so i was trying to follow that wire, which goes to the "hazard warning switch with light" (50 in the above photo)

i guess my question, aside from "does anyone know whats wrong?"
would also be, does anyone know where :
A) the "hazard warning switch with light" (50) is
B) the "hazard warning flasher" (32)
and how do i take off the Turn Signal Switch??

i'll also add that the driver side front orange light works, but the passenger side one doesnt.
and also, when i use the turn signal lever up or down, the lights don't blink, nor does anything show up on the dash.

also in these 2 following pics, are these 2 wires the ground wires? and where should i ground them if so?

when i put the test light to the above wire, the bulb turns on? so it cant be ground? or is there a short?

sorry for the super long post, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
GDR76SPIDER
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Re: Tail Light Questions (help please)

Post by GDR76SPIDER »

ok so silly me, i dont have the radio console installed, and saw that the hazard switch is there, could the lights not be working because it's not plugged in tho??
Danno

Re: Tail Light Questions (help please)

Post by Danno »

GDR76SPIDER wrote:ok so silly me, i dont have the radio console installed, and saw that the hazard switch is there, could the lights not be working because it's not plugged in tho??
Yes, that does make a difference!