ghostly stereo problem

Gotta love that wiring . . .
surfingfreeman
Your car is a: 1982 2000 FI

ghostly stereo problem

Post by surfingfreeman »

Ok I have a weird stereo problem, first off i have a pretty elaborate system, multiple amps (one of them a beautiful tube amp that is awesome but is a power hog), 2-small subs fronts and rears and a capacitor to ensure consistent power. So here is the problem, while driving when i use my turn signal (on occassion)it shuts the stereo system down for a few seconds, we are talking auto-antenae retracts the whole deal. Im thinking the installer installed the power line from the stereo into the turn signal circuit, which is screwing things up, probably needs to be wired to some other power source, anyone experience this? Thanks
Mike
Exit98

Re: ghostly stereo problem

Post by Exit98 »

OMG, sounds like Carnegie Hall on wheels.

I just have a plain old AM/FM/CD and two speakers but based on our local NJ electrical expert I wired my stereo power with a single clean line from a spade of the back of the fuse box direct to the stereo. Definitely helped with the interference I previously experienced.

The secondary memory power I just hooked into the courtesy light power because you need an always on circuit for that.

Works great.
surfingfreeman
Your car is a: 1982 2000 FI

Re: ghostly stereo problem

Post by surfingfreeman »

thanks Doug, may have to pay a visit to the installer, and hope the PO did not do too much creative wiring.