hazard,int. light,door bell have anything in common?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
whiterabbit

hazard,int. light,door bell have anything in common?

Post by whiterabbit »

I made a cardinal sin. I messed with the center/upper console. :roll: Now they don't work. I have turn signals and the cigar lighter works but the other stuff is out. I had to pull the console to get the fan switch and cap installed. It's an 81 FI. Checked the hazard connection like 10 times, it's on there good. Checked the white and red inline fuses near the main fuse box.So now what??? :(
Thanks all.
whiterabbit

Re: hazard,int. light,door bell have anything in common?

Post by whiterabbit »

Ha! They all run through the #4 fuse!!!! Fuse was good but the connection spade was loose behind the box! Now that silly little bell works. TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE .I hate it but the wife loves it. sigh :lol:
Thanks all ! :D
MrWampus
Your car is a: 1981 Spider

Post by MrWampus »

You know, if you pull the glove box out, the little bell is right there in front and so is it's connector. You can just pull the connector to it and then blame those pesky Fiat electrical gremlins and your dear wife may never know. :wink:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Spider "The Mistress"
http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/mrwampus1/
"Because a 30-year-old sports car is cheaper than a 30-year-old blonde."
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

A lot of us have done away with the "Tinkle Bell" and used the power wire off the ignition switch going to it to power the radio. Put the key in and you can listen to tunes without turning on the other electronics running through the ignitition switch. I couldn't stand the bell either.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
whiterabbit

Post by whiterabbit »

I have a freak'n brilliant idea. A toggle switch on "Tinkle Bell". On when she's driving and off when I have the car 8) ! I might have to at least tap into the hot line to it for the radio power idea. Didn't think of that. I'm running off the factory radio hot wire right now.
Thanks all! :D