interchangability

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
mgbgtn

interchangability

Post by mgbgtn »

I saw a back seat and centerconsul for a 2000 spider on E-Bay and wondered if it would fit my 1973 124? :?:
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Re: interchangability

Post by 124JOE »

yes they will

when wanting parts and needing to know if there the same
go to a supplyer and look for the parts to see if years differ
if they dont there will be more than one part with dates

good luck
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
mgbgtn

Post by mgbgtn »

I tried your idea with the center consul and found it will interchange but no-one lists the back seat. Even if they did list it, a change in the fabric or patern would cause a different number to appear. This is why I'm having problems with the interior parts.
manoa matt
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider 1800

Post by manoa matt »

The center consoles are the same for all years.

The back seat will fit as it has the same overall dimensions, however your 73 came with 2 point seat belts (lap belt)where the retractor is mounted on the floor behind the drivers and passengers seats. In 1977 Fiat introduced 3 point seat belts (lap and shoulder belt) there is a retractor mounted in the seat back portion of the rear seat on each side.

So if you order a later rear seat back and install it in your 73 you will have two holes on each side of the rear seat back piece. The rear seat bottoms are pretty much all the same.

From 68-78 all the seats, front and back had narrow stitching while the 79 and later seats had a wider stitching.
mgbgtn

Post by mgbgtn »

Thanks for the advice, it was a big help as mine did not have either.