RE: Vehicular hazard Warning signal switch

Gotta love that wiring . . .
offshore

RE: Vehicular hazard Warning signal switch

Post by offshore »

I have a 1971 fiat spider sport 1608. Everything works in the car but the hazards lights.
I checked the hazard lights switch and it was broke (no springs in the switch) so I replaced the switch. After I replaced it the turn signals no longer worked and the hazards lights still did not work. Every thing else did. Also, I could not turn the car off. I had to disconnect the hazards light switch to turn the car off.

The car starts and turns off fine and everything works but the hazards light and now.... my turn signals do not work.

I checked the fuse and it is good. I am not sure what happened or what I did.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kafer
punes

Re: RE: Vehicular hazard Warning signal switch

Post by punes »

I have a 79 and experienced the same thing. Some days the ignition light would be on, like the ignition was turned to run, but without the key. It would drain my battery. Other times the car wouldn't shut off. I found that if I semi-depressed the hazard switch, the car would shut of. Or the dash lights would turn off, even the the key wasn't in the ignition. A new hazard switch and never had that problem again.
79 Spider
offshore

Re: RE: Vehicular hazard Warning signal switch

Post by offshore »

Thanks for the response. After further review of the wiring diagram I figured out I had the wires connected on the switch wrong. When I pulled the switch out I drew a diagram and labeled it…. so I did not recheck the wiring diagram. However, that only works if you label the diagram correctly. Everything works great now.

Kafer