Are these seats original?

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
jefftegeder

Are these seats original?

Post by jefftegeder »

I just picked up a '79 from a friend and am the third owner. I am in the process of getting it back to road worthy after it has sat for 7 years. I am curious if these are the original seats. The only seats I've seen in other Spider's have an adjustable headrest. Thanks in advance for your help... ( and thanks to Jon for posting how to upload pictures)

NSDave

Re: Are these seats original?

Post by NSDave »

I'm going to vote no... but I'm no expert. Like you, I've only ever seen low buckets with adjustable headrests in a '79 (or earlier) Spider.
jefftegeder

Post by jefftegeder »

Was a bit afraid of that, Dave. But they do fit in well and are comfy. If I can't figure out for sure what they are I may have to take a deep breath and get them recovered.
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

Yes, those are original seats! Just not for the Spider. They are probably for a car where people with large heads have to have large headrests. Maybe they are just built-in windscreens.
Danno

Post by Danno »

Don't know what those are from, but not a spider FOR SURE.
fiatS2000

Post by fiatS2000 »

Those are Pontiac Fiero seats.
Danno

Post by Danno »

fiatS2000 wrote:Those are Pontiac Fiero seats.
yes, I believe you are right. I thought I remembered them having movable headrests, too. I looked a few up through google and maybe some years or trims do... not sure of year, but I found at least one that I think has similar seats. I think it was a 1985....
Zmatt

Post by Zmatt »

ouch!
jefftegeder

Post by jefftegeder »

Zmatt wrote:
ouch!
Why ouch? To me they are comfortable and they fit the car. Thanks, guys. After looking for hours to find them I learned I should have come to you first :"> Off to find new skins for them...