Dash clock repair...

Gotta love that wiring . . .
SpyderAzul

Re: Dash clock repair...

Post by SpyderAzul »

Hey Nick,
I have two clocks.
One is in car and works. However the stem to change time is broken, just turns but wont move hands. Also, the lens is cloudy.
The other clock is in a 'backup' dash I have. Not sure if it works as it's not in a car. Lens also cloudy.

Would like to send both to you for repair if you are still doing these reapairs.
Thanks,
Jack
dantye
Your car is a: all gone

Post by dantye »

SpyderAzul wrote:Hey Nick,
I have two clocks.
One is in car and works. However the stem to change time is broken, just turns but wont move hands. Also, the lens is cloudy.
The other clock is in a 'backup' dash I have. Not sure if it works as it's not in a car. Lens also cloudy.

Would like to send both to you for repair if you are still doing these reapairs.
Thanks,
Jack
Is there anyone still doing clock repairs? I have three clocks, one runs but you cannot set the time; the condition of the other two is untested, but the set knob on one works. I would be willing to swap them all plus a reasonable fee for one that is new or refurbished. Just send me a private message - not in a hurry.

Thanks
radiopilot

Post by radiopilot »

I apologize all for any delays in feedback....

You can send me a PM and I will try to respond, I travel a bit and sometimes I do not get all my emails read and replied to.

Yes I am still restoring the clocks and instruments as they come in, backlogged right now so there may be a 3-4 week delay before you get them back but worth the wait for the restored instruments.

Cheers,

Nick
ctb1025

Post by ctb1025 »

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 79 Fiat Spider and I have been spending all hours of the day reading this forum. I am hoping that Nick can help me like he has helped everyone. From the pictures on here it looks like he does amazing work. Is there a good way to get in touch with Nick? Any help anyone can give me would be great.

Thanks,
Chris
dmwhiteoak
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 spider

Post by dmwhiteoak »

I have been wondering the same. Please let me know if you are able to contact him.
Dennis Modisette

1972 124 Spider
2003 Chevrolet Z71
2007 GMC Yucon
dantye

Post by dantye »

dmwhiteoak wrote:I have been wondering the same. Please let me know if you are able to contact him.
I suggest you both PM and email Nick through his profile on this board. He did great work for me, but is an Aerospace pro, so may have had some job changes, given all the changes in that field.
Be patient - if you can get the work done by him you will not be disappointed.
NJFIAT1981
Your car is a: 1970 SPIDER AND A 1976 SPIDER

Post by NJFIAT1981 »

Hi All,
I'm pretty sure Nick told me he was traveling due to his job. He will get to us all in time. He does do nice work. Regards, George
tonyfromjersey

Post by tonyfromjersey »

I think I'll send him my whole instrument cluster. Especially since I put in the LED's they really need some help. Once the weather completely turns here the car is sitting covered all winter anyway.

He does really nice work too. My clock came back amazing, especially after Scott and Ralph got power to it and it runs even!
aviator

Post by aviator »

Hello

If you are still doing the clock repair I would love to send you mine. It was working last year. What is your mailing adress? Thank you
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Post by vandor »

He had stopped doing the clock repairs a while back because of family issues. This thread is 3 years old...
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town
dantye

Post by dantye »

I was lucky to get mine repaired before he quit such work. Still works fine after sitting through two 20 below winters - one not powered and the other running all winter!

Without the repair option, you might consider using that spot for an oil pressure or other gauge, and install a mechless radio w/ a clock function.
rajayyagari

Post by rajayyagari »

hello, are you still providing this service? if so, please email me at rajayyagari@gmail.com so i can coordinate sending my clock to you. thanks a lot!
RRoller123
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1980 FI SPIDER 2000

Post by RRoller123 »

Go to Palo Alto Speedometer. Excellent.

Pete
'80 FI Spider 2000
'74 and '79 X1/9 (past)
'75 BMW R75/6
2011 Chevy Malibu (daily driver)
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab 4WD/STD BED
2002 Edgewater 175CC 80HP 4-Stroke Yamaha
2003 Jaguar XK8
2003 Jaguar XKR
2021 Jayco 22RB
2019 Bianchi Torino Bicycle
gandyrail
Your car is a: 1981 2000

Post by gandyrail »

Well hm there are so many other things that are more "up on my list". My clock runs but the adjust knob ...well it's still there but apparently not attached to any thing in the clock any more.... and the glass is pretty cloudy.
In fact I noticed all my gages are getting dust inside them more than there was "a bit" ago or am I noticing smaller things now that I am getting most of the oil leaks, lights working, grounds cleaned, wiper motor, relays installed, radiator fan, etc...
Budduncan
Your car is a: 1971 Spider

Post by Budduncan »

Nick, are you still doing clock repairs? I have a dead one in my 71. If so where to I send it.?
Thanks
Bud