Dash clock repair...

Gotta love that wiring . . .
ga.spyder
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Re: Dash clock repair...

Post by ga.spyder »

I dont know if you all know,but Nick is using any money he makes off the clocks to put up the Fiat registry.Pretty cool if you ask me.By the way,I am surprised that there are no Fiats in North Carolina.I saw a house where there were 14 in the yard.Hmmmmm.The clock Nick fixed for my 77 was the nicest part in the car,so i swapped it into my 82.Doesnt look so out of place there :D
Craig
Craig Nelson

1982 Spider 2000...pride and joy
1981 Fiat X1/9..gone but not forgotten
1976 124 Spider..the self-healer
2001 BMW 328ci daily driver and track car
Fling It Around Turns !
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

What Fiat registry?
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
azygoustoyou

Post by azygoustoyou »

Craig,
then you must need another seat belt guide to go into the 77. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ga.spyder

Post by ga.spyder »

Denise...Do a search(I cant believe you!)
Brady...as much as I love my Bradybelter,I am not going to hang one on the headrest of my 77.It doesnt even have a shoulder belt !! :lol:
Craig
Craig Nelson

Fling It Around Turns !
pablogustav

Post by pablogustav »

Hey Nick,

Just cut out the western red maple stock today for the new dash to go with your beautiful clock repair. I'll post photos when it's all dialed in. thanks again Nick
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Post by baltobernie »

Hey Nick,

Just cut out the mahogany stock today for the new dash to go with your beautiful clock repair. I'll post photos when it's all dialed in. thanks again Nick :mrgreen:
radiopilot

Post by radiopilot »

Thanks everyone... I was travelling so didn't get a chance to catch up... Super!...Glad everyone's happy with the clocks and hope to see them on those new wood covered dashes... great time for wood carving, veneering, etc. on those dash panels by a warm fireplace with all this inclement weather the nation is going through... we're even expecting 1-4 inches of snow here in Savannah of all places! I'm definately taking a pic with the car in the snow. :lol:

Cheers,

Nick
ga.spyder

Post by ga.spyder »

Here on the other end of Ga.,it snowed all day and is still coming down.Forecast for Sun...snow,Mon....snow.Geez Nick,we may have to move back to PB County!! :roll:
Craig
Craig Nelson

Fling It Around Turns !
radiopilot

Post by radiopilot »

ga.spyder wrote:Here on the other end of Ga.,it snowed all day and is still coming down.Forecast for Sun...snow,Mon....snow.Geez Nick,we may have to move back to PB County!! :roll:
Craig
Craig, it's snowing right now at a good clip here... Jeff is going to have to host us down in Palm Beach County if it isn't already snowing there, my parent-in-laws live out in Palm Beach Pointe and it's super cold there right now...

Here are some rare photos of snow here in Pooler/Savannah... had to move all my palm trees in to save them from the snow...

I can hear the neighborhood children having snowball fights as I write this... :lol:

Nick
ga.spyder

Post by ga.spyder »

We ended up w/ 5''.I know that sounds wimpy to our Northern friends,but in these mountains,the secondary roads will be impassable for days!And...more on the way! The locals seem to be enjoying it.Gunsmith,me and Nick are coming to visit.

Craig Nelson

Fling It Around Turns !
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

We only got an inch but we're expecting more on Monday. This needs to stop right now!
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
radiopilot

Post by radiopilot »

mdrburchette wrote:We only got an inch but we're expecting more on Monday. This needs to stop right now!
Denise, I would have thought you would've gotten at least 5-8 inches of snow... that was a big storm moving up towards you...

Craig nice pics of those deer... great pics of ya doggy in the snow... is he/she yours? Beautiful dog... miss my Sheltie... long gone for 6 years already. :(

Nick
ga.spyder

Post by ga.spyder »

That Husky,Nikko,technically isnt my dog but he lives at our house for weeks at a time.The actual owners live about 1/2 mile thru the woods from us.He's a great dog,and I would take him in a second.I have a Lab and a hound.They are the 3 Musketeers. :D
Craig
Craig Nelson

Fling It Around Turns !
psg

Post by psg »

Hey radio pilot help me with this problem or anyone who knows something about wiring. The clock you repaired looks great and works fine but I have found the circuit does not have power. I decided to run a jumper from another hot lead...when I did the clock worked but an odd sounding buzzer on the right side made noise and did not stop. What is that all about? psg
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I have the wire diagram for a 1981 Spider. It shows the clock powered from Fuse # 9 which is hot all the time. This fuse also powers the "remove key" switch which is part of the ignition switch. This switch is closed with the key in the ignition. If you jumped a hot wire to the clock you probably powered the key in ignition switch causing the warning chime to sound. The chime is also used for the seat belts and the door jam switches that sound the chime if door is open or seat belt is not hooked up.
I would suspect your problem is associated with the fuse or fuse connections. If you correct it you do not need the jumper.
The buzzing might simply be a sick sounding warning chime.