Electrical . . but what?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Re: Electrical . . but what?

Post by mdrburchette »

You can clean quite a bit of wiring up when you swap the Marelli alt for a Bosch and get rid of what little emission stuff there is on it.
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
SpiderHead

Post by SpiderHead »

htchevyii wrote:
rlux4 wrote:Trey, you own two Spiders and you've never looked at a wiring diagram for them?!! You must be living a charmed life man.
Ron
Actually, after I cleaned the grounds on the '82 everything worked! I have been studying the '72 diagrams to see how much crap I can get rid of under the hood. I can't remember what did or didn't work on the '72, I'll see when I get the thing back togeather.
and I just put electrical tape over any areas of MY wiring where the smoke has escaped. Then I top off my wiring harness smoke.

Now, before you all go silly on me. I'm not using the common Lucas smoke, I'm using pure smoke made from pure unobtainium, which is the only smoke approved for NOS FIAT, or Marelli components.

Now is when the questions will start to pour in... meh!

Yes, I have a secret unobtainium mine out in the high dessert.

No, its not an intelligence exchange program with aliens.

has your smoke escaped?

I might make Fiat smoke replentishment kits available if I get a positive response..

-Ryan
narfire
Your car is a: 1980 124 spider

Post by narfire »

Spiderhead,, feeling hungry? Sleepy or perhaps paranoid? :wink:
We could use some unobtainium at the fire hall, somethings always breaking.
80 FI spider
72 work in progress
2017 Golf R ( APR Stg. 1)
2018 F350 crew long box
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Post by htchevyii »

SpiderHead wrote:
htchevyii wrote:
rlux4 wrote:Trey, you own two Spiders and you've never looked at a wiring diagram for them?!! You must be living a charmed life man.
Ron
Actually, after I cleaned the grounds on the '82 everything worked! I have been studying the '72 diagrams to see how much crap I can get rid of under the hood. I can't remember what did or didn't work on the '72, I'll see when I get the thing back togeather.
and I just put electrical tape over any areas of MY wiring where the smoke has escaped. Then I top off my wiring harness smoke.

Now, before you all go silly on me. I'm not using the common Lucas smoke, I'm using pure smoke made from pure unobtainium, which is the only smoke approved for NOS FIAT, or Marelli components.

Now is when the questions will start to pour in... meh!

Yes, I have a secret unobtainium mine out in the high dessert.

No, its not an intelligence exchange program with aliens.

has your smoke escaped?

I might make Fiat smoke replentishment kits available if I get a positive response..

-Ryan
Lots of smoke here in Nor-Cal, but most is pot smoke!
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,