Proper emblems for a '79?

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
DieselSpider
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider with Isuzu Turbo Diesel

Re: Proper emblems for a '79?

Post by DieselSpider »

RRoller123 wrote:I thought I once overheard 2 guys walking past my car saying that they had decided not to steal it because they would have to fix it again tomorrow. I think your badges are safe.
A co-worker let his 850 Spider slide into a lake when he and his brother were out fishing one day. They were leaving and having trouble starting it "AGAIN" when it just rolled away from them backwards into the lake with the lights on. He decided it was a sign from the Gods to let it go and stop repairing it so they walked home leaving it sitting there with the lights on on the lake bottom. The next day the rangers were there at his front door with the police charging him with a number of things and he ended up having to pay environmental fees and such for leaving it there along with the removal and cleanup charges. A little reading, a few relays and a little elbow grease probably would have resolved it however they were the do the same thing over and over guys expecting different results. Yes the Fix It Again Tony crowd is out there but thankfully we know better.
aevansgatech
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Post by aevansgatech »

I'm opting for the adhesive method because I tried to remove the rear interior panel but from what I could see there's a hose (fuel I believe) that interlocks with it as well as the mounting bolts for the convertible top. I wasn't about to undo all that to get the panel out, but maybe my panel wasn't installed correctly? who knows

In any case, I'm ok with adhering them, but does anyone have precise measurement of where they should be placed? If not, I'll eyeball it :P :wink:
1979 Spider 2000 (gone)
1984 Pininfarina Azzurra (for sale)
1982 Spider 2000 (here to stay)
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Post by vandor »

> What size hole is required to fit those on a 1978? Mine appear to be sized for a #8 or #10 bolt and will need to be drilled out.

I don't know, I never had to drill holes.
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town