dizzy springs

Gotta love that wiring . . .
maytag
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Re: dizzy springs

Post by maytag »

majicwrench wrote:Probably nothing wrong with the current springs. Centrifical force takes up that loosness the moment you start the car.
Keith
as usual, I think Keith is exactly correct.
Keith, can you help us pin-down his no-start?

I'm scratching my head wondering if he's got a choke? flooding it? I think you are better at chasing this stuff than I am, 'cuz you do it all day. :wink:
I'm no Boy-Racer..... but if I can't take every on-ramp at TWICE the posted limit.... I'm a total failure!
FordPrefect
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat Spider 124

Post by FordPrefect »

majicwrench wrote:Probably nothing wrong with the current springs. Centrifical force takes up that loosness the moment you start the car.
Keith
Yeah, after a more thorough cleaning, the springs are able to return everything all the way back now.

As for the no-start, I was able to get the car to fire briefly by working the accelerator cable at the carb (a lot), so I've got a carb kit on the way, and I'll check the fuel pump today if I get a chance. There is a screen back there, right? Is that in addition to a screen in the tank?

At any rate, I have a clear fuel filter which fills with gas, and gas pumps out of the hose ok when I disconnect it. Gas squirts down the carb when I pull the cable and the idle solenoid is ok. So maybe it's just not enough gas.
124JOE wrote:my dizzy has holes in the bottom
carb cleaner then lubracate
My dizzy also has holes. Are those to aid in dis-assembly or for draining cleaner/water?
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Post by 124JOE »

well theres two holes in my cap and two holes on the bottom of my dizzy
its so theres no condisasion build up.
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
FordPrefect
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat Spider 124

Post by FordPrefect »

124JOE wrote:well theres two holes in my cap and two holes on the bottom of my dizzy
its so theres no condisasion build up.
Makes sense.