Battery cable routing question?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Fiat88

Battery cable routing question?

Post by Fiat88 »

How did the factory route the original cable. Does it go over the hump like this as shown in another members car as I'm routing my new cable. Thanks.

(Not my pic)
ITA124
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Battery cable routing question?

Post by ITA124 »

The cable should go through the hole just below where the picture has it going over the hump.

If it goes in the current position, the seat base will sit on top of the cable. Crushing it to the hump. This could chafe through :shock:

Here is a photo of my installation

Paul

Fiat 124 Spider (Big Red Car. So my son tells me)
Toyota Corolla AE86 (Fiat as a daily driver? Not)
Fiat 128 Rally (Why did I sell this car?)
Fiat 124 AC (An iron ore waffle shaped like a 124. Donated to Sims)
Fiat 128 SL (First fiat)
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

ITA124 wrote:The cable should go through the hole just below where the picture has it going over the hump.

If it goes in the current position, the seat base will sit on top of the cable. Crushing it to the hump. This could chafe through :shock:

Here is a photo of my installation

That's what I figured, the PO had the cable over the hump, I routed the new cable throught the hole like your pic shows. Thanks. I'm glad I don't have to reroute it again. :D
NGinuity

Post by NGinuity »

The same thing happened to the one I worked on for a friend. Now the battery cable is in the notch, but the main wiring that goes down the drivers side is above the hump, but that should be ok, because it enters the trim panel on top of the hump I believe.