Cooling Fan-

Gotta love that wiring . . .
dsnyder
Your car is a: 1978 Spider

Cooling Fan-

Post by dsnyder »

Anyone ever add a second cooling fan in front of the radiator?
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: Cooling Fan-

Post by baltobernie »

Why?
dsnyder
Your car is a: 1978 Spider

Post by dsnyder »

I am running an air conditioner and though the radiator temp is good, the AC is not very efficient- High condensor temps.
eddie124

Post by eddie124 »

I believe I have seen some slim fan designs fitted as a "pusher" fan in front of the rad, so it can be done. Lots of options available on the market too, but personally I don't have the knowledge to recommend any particular make or model.

If you have an AC setup, it should indeed have a second fan, probably even wired so it runs all the time the AC is on.

You could also consider fitting a higher-output fan in place of the original, using a bypass on the thermoswitch that usually triggers it when the AC is on to get it permanently on, but I actually think the second unit might work better.

Cheers, Eddie
ontherun

Post by ontherun »

Spal makes a 10in that in 1.25 thick. will fit right in, wire it to the 30 amp relay controlled when you turn on the compressor...wire it to the switched power side from the clutch hot wire..no extra draw..like Eddie124 said...L
surfingfreeman
Your car is a: 1982 2000 FI

Post by surfingfreeman »

would one of those new radiators from Mark help, sounds like they have an adjustable thermo, would this help with the extra load AC puts on the engine?