84pininfarinablack

forgot to mention

Post by 84pininfarinablack »

forgot to mention

Oh I forgot to mention its a 1984 pininfarina spider
Tobi

Re: forgot to mention

Post by Tobi »

Hey 84pininfarinablack, how did we know already that it was a 1984 pininfarina? Could it be a black one :D

You can edit your posts, that makes more sense than starting another one.
So where exactly is that switch you are talking about?
Oops, now we are communicating on two posts :shock:
Last edited by Tobi on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84pininfarinablack

my bad.
the switch is on the top center of the steering column. it runs the parking lights and tail lights for night time driving.
when in the centered. / on position it moves left and right when i steer left and right. until i steer too much it turns the switch to the off position.. unbelievably weird. like something in there is grabbing the switch and manually moving it when i steer.
wbsterritt

Post by wbsterritt »

I believe the switch in question is just for the operation of the parking lights (on-off) with the engine turned off. I just leave it in the neutral position (center) and opperate the headlamps/parking lights with the lever switch on the column when driving. In this case the lights turn off when the engine is off no matter where you leave the lever switch. I like to always drive with my parking lights on unless I need the headlamps. This allows me to hardly ever have to mess with the lever switch.
84pininfarinablack

that center column switch must be on when driving at night or I have no interior lights. the dash lights wont come on. the parking lights wont come on and neither will the 4 fender lamps.
driving at night steering it turns the switch to the off position. the steering is pulling the switch somehow. Guess somethings broken in there ill have to take it apart to find out. Just thought someone else may have had this.