Blower Switch....Now with pics

Gotta love that wiring . . .
kilrwail
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Sport Spider

Re: Blower Switch....Now with pics

Post by kilrwail »

Adam - One of the three wires should be +12 V which goes on the middle pin. It is probably the yellow, which you can test with a voltmeter, with the ignition on INT.

1978 Fiat 124 Sport Spider - original owner
1977 Porsche 911S - track car
2022 Ram 4 x 4 - hauler
PCA National Instructor and Motorsport Safety Foundation Level 2 Instructor
Gosta

Post by Gosta »

manoa matt wrote:The wires should be: red with black dots, blue with black dots, and yellow with black dots(the diagrams say brown, but every car I've seen has a yellow wire). They run from the switch along the trans tunnel to male/female connectors that should be shrouded by a cream colored plactic "clamshell" connector cover. From there they route to the heater fan motor. I think there is also a black ground wire in there somewhere. It attaches via a ring terminal to one of the upper heater box mounting studs on the drivers side.

Thanks manoa matt. I pulled the radio console out today and low and behold there were three wires taped together. 1 red, one blue with black dots and one yellow with black dots. I made a jumper from the yellow to blue and I now have a blower. So I just need to get a switch and then re-route the wires to the stock location. Still don't have a clue what that other switch does.
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

lots of owners put a cooling fan switch there when they can't make the system work properly
Adam

Post by Adam »

I put the yellow wire on the middle pin and I know have off/low/high.

Thanks guys!

Adam
fiat218
Your car is a: 1969 124 AS spider

Post by fiat218 »

my switch is, brown is middle of switch, red one side and blue the other, but that is a 1969
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1970 Fiat Spider BS1 ( FOR SALE
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
2018 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider
SpiderHead

Post by SpiderHead »

a 74!!!!!

best year in the world!

When Jesus returns... he is going to drive a '74.. lol

Nice pick!

um... I might know someone with a '74 as well... lol.. me!

my fan switch is right next to the gear shifter... yours is not.. so I'm not certain that a wiring diagram will be useful.

But what I will do, is take a look at the wires for ya, so you know what the color code it at least!

-Ryan

Ah.. just read your latest post... nevermind! lol
Gosta

Post by Gosta »

Thanks for the effort :wink:
paook

Post by paook »

manoa matt wrote:[...] I think there is also a black ground wire in there somewhere. It attaches via a ring terminal to one of the upper heater box mounting studs on the drivers side.
I see three nuts available for use as possible grounding studs on the drivers side. Two attach the box directly to the car (fastener axis vertical), the third is slighty smaller in diameter and is mounted with the fastener axis horizontal. The box is plastic, and I can't see what else is behind the third fastener to know if it connects to the car body through a metal path.

We're trying to put our 1980 heating system back together after three months of sitting untouched.
fiat218
Your car is a: 1969 124 AS spider

Post by fiat218 »

your carpets need cleaning :mrgreen:

no wonder why u can't find the blower switch :arrow: :lol:
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1970 Fiat Spider BS1 ( FOR SALE
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
2018 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider