Yippeeee! the wiper motor is resurrected!

Gotta love that wiring . . .
RoyBatty
Your car is a: 1975 124 Spider - 1971 124 Sport Coupe

Yippeeee! the wiper motor is resurrected!

Post by RoyBatty »

My particular Spider had not been registered since 1987 and the wiper motor was INOP upon testing once I got the car running.
So, I sent it in to George's Electrical Services, 1336 Santa Ana Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95838-1708, (916) 927-3386.
Michael was nice enough to go thru the wiper motor assembly for a VERY fair price and make it all well again.
Sure, I could have done it myself. But hey, this is what Michael does for a living after all.
His report was that all was fine inside my wiper motor except for the multiple years of accumulated corrosion!
Once he cleaned and tested all the components he reassembled it and it ran like a champ. It didn't even need brushes. He said mine looked like brand new. By the way, Michael does all the motor work for the planes I work on. He is an FAA repair station as well as an automotive electrical wizard.

I just reinstalled the motor and once I plugged the motor connector I cycled it a couple times to get to the parked position. I then reconnected the wiper linkage and retested. The dang thing works better than any of the other cars I've owned . Low speed, high speed and intermittent are all working great.
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: Yippeeee! the wiper motor is resurrected!

Post by baltobernie »

Penalty :!: Two minutes for "experting" :o

Seriously, I'm always impressed with our local Fiat-trained mechanic, Guildo. Somebody's car is misbehaving during a club gathering; "I've replaced the points, condenser, yada yada ...". Guildo lays his hands on it ... sometimes without tools :shock: and the damn thing runs perfectly.

Your wiper motor is another humbling lesson to us Amateurs.
RoyBatty
Your car is a: 1975 124 Spider - 1971 124 Sport Coupe

Re: Yippeeee! the wiper motor is resurrected!

Post by RoyBatty »

Hey BB,
Penalty accepted with pride!
As a great man once said, " A mans got to know his limitations". 8)
And as I am distracted enough with other life issues, not to mention those involved in dealing with this little Spider. I thought it best to leave the wiper motor to my friend Michael.
No regrets here.
Just don;t be tryin' to take my "man card". :lol: