Stock radio isn't working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
spence

Stock radio isn't working

Post by spence »

checked the under dash fuse's, all is well, and the diagram in the owners manual never mentions radio. Does it have it's own? Would like to keep it stock for now.
Foster48x

Re: Stock radio isn't working

Post by Foster48x »

Spence
from what everybody says there was no stock radio for the spider. It was a aftermarket dealer installed option. If you think it might be the fuse pull the radio out of the dash. Most newer radios will have a fuse built into the back of the head unit. Some of the older units will have a in line fuse on the radio harness.

Hope that helps.
Rick
Exit98

Post by Exit98 »

Spence,

I'm pulling for you man. I watched your car on Craigslist for a few weeks. i always watch the 72's, my favorite year.

But you are cracking me up. Your Radio doesn't work!! LOL

Seems you've got a few more pressing issues to work through first, no?

Did you get your cooling fan working yet?

Anyway, good luck. When you finally get it running right you are going to have a lot of fun. And hustling your liittle Spider around the back roads of Tennessee you won't need no stinkin radio.
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

My 72 has the stock radio, am/fm, anyway, no fuse right behind it, radio out right now.
Guess I could see where power comes from if I get a minute. But when you check fuses are you just looking at them?? Need a test light, test terminals on both ends of fuse.
Keep up the good work!
spence

Post by spence »

Hey, a man needs tunes sitting in the driveway does he not? :D