2007 Moonshine Rally

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

2007 Moonshine Rally

Post by mdrburchette »

It's time to start thinking about the Appalachian Moonshine Rally. Last year we had a record number of Fiats. It would be nice to see a few more:

http://www.corsarossa.com/cr/events/fut ... nshine.pdf
racydave

Post by racydave »

Does the "Moonshine" help in the rally? Whats the proper mixer, 87 octane, or Margiarita mix? 8)
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

You gotta go with the straight 150 octane to get the most boost. After going through those winding turns in the Blue Ridge mountains you'll need it. 8)
racydave

Post by racydave »

We did the Shennendoa, cape Hadderas, and all the way across to the smokies with a pop-up in tow! Gotta love Nortn Carolina!! :lol:
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

That was a trek, wasn't it? I have family at Cape Hatteras and it's a 6 hr drive. Going west to TN is 4 hours. I'm working on getting more members and participation for the Carolina FLU chapter and this is one obstacle I'm dealing with.
racydave

Post by racydave »

Keep it small and local, 10 to 15 members would be fun! you could poss include some older Fiats? 8) ...My Spider is trapped here in the flatlands, thoes hills and curves sound great!
81spider

Can't Wait

Post by 81spider »

I was meaning to get there last year. I just got my spider up and running about a week before last years race. I chickened out prior to coming due to the weather forecasters. It ended up being beautiful weather. Im not gonna miss this one. These are the kinds of racing my Dad did with my spideer back in the days when he bought the spider new in 81. He also did track timed races and got a lot of trophies. I sure hope I can eventually get one.