restoration progress

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
Zmatt

restoration progress

Post by Zmatt »

i decided it was time to update the progress on my ongoing restoration.

Just got home

interior before restoration

Transmission

interior minus transmission

pulling engine

engine pulled

diet

goodies from IAP

Pulled drive shaft

clean drive shaft

clean tranny

new engine

comments, criticism etc welcome. This is my first restoration.
narfire
Your car is a: 1980 124 spider

Re: restoration progress

Post by narfire »

. This is my first restoration.[/quote]

When your done.. wonder if it will be your last. I've enjoyed re-building my car as much as driving it, Like you it was my first one and like you will find, the fiat is a great,simple car to re-do and when done is a blast to drive.
Are you doing a paint job on the car as well?
As you have noted,lots of assistance and people to bounce ideas off here, have fun! :D

The car looks great. Lots of pics would help in putting it back together if your over 50 and can't remember where you put stuff(speak for myself only) :wink: Bag and label the parts that come off helps.
80 FI spider
72 work in progress
2017 Golf R ( APR Stg. 1)
2018 F350 crew long box
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Post by htchevyii »

Take lots of pictures, one thing led to another and my project got drawn out. I referred back to them many times. It looks like it might be too late if you didn't allready take then, though. good luck and keep us updated.
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,
Zmatt

Post by Zmatt »

narfire wrote:
When your done.. wonder if it will be your last. I've enjoyed re-building my car as much as driving it, Like you it was my first one and like you will find, the fiat is a great,simple car to re-do and when done is a blast to drive.
Are you doing a paint job on the car as well?
As you have noted,lots of assistance and people to bounce ideas off here, have fun! :D

The car looks great. Lots of pics would help in putting it back together if your over 50 and can't remember where you put stuff(speak for myself only) :wink: Bag and label the parts that come off helps.
Don't worry I'm a college student, the only way I will forget anything is if studies push it out of my head. :)

Honestly, I hope it isn't my last. This was my father's idea, as he restored a model A with his old man years ago and wanted to do the same with me. I love working on stuff, although I think my next car will have some more speed potential. The crowd I hang out with is pushing me towards a rwd toyota or nissan. I'm thinking mr2 or old Z down the road some day. But on this car every day is an adventure, i am amazed by how forward thinking it is, but then when I feel proud of it, it's eccentricities come out and confound me. The Italian's are nuts, but I should know that by now.
wachuko
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat 2000 Spider

Post by wachuko »

Best of luck, you will have a lot of fun. Subscribing to the thread.
Drive Safe!
Wachuko

1981 Fiat Spider Progress thread
1967 912 Progress Thread
1981 911 SC Coupe RS Transformation
1983 911 SC Coupe RSR Transformation
1991 964 C4 Cabriolet Progress Thread
2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d
2015 FIAT Abarth
Zmatt

Post by Zmatt »

Thanks, I read your 911SC thread. Awesome car.