Radio on/ignition off

Gotta love that wiring . . .
donm
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1980 spider [carb]

Radio on/ignition off

Post by donm »

I want to be able to play the radio without having the ignition on, and I keep hearing about how you can wire it up to the key buzzer, but where is that wire? The PO must have disconnected or removed the buzzer because I can't find it. How can identify the wire?

I've had my '80 Spider about a week and I can't believe how much time it takes to do all these little things I've been working on since I got it. But that's part of the fun, right? (right?)

Don
1979 Spider
2001Saab SW
2004 Saab Aero
Life's too short to drive boring cars
Foster48x

Re: Radio on/ignition off

Post by Foster48x »

Don,
I had my 80FI wired up like that for a while. When you put the key in the ignition the radio would turn on without turning the key. I recall the wires your looking for are under the passenger side of the dash. One is black/white and the other is orange/white.

Not sure what year car you have but you might want to pick up a wiring diagram for your model year. Do a search and you'll find them available for download. Or send me a email at foster48x at hotmail dot com and I'll send them to you.

Rick
donm
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1980 spider [carb]

Post by donm »

That's great. I found the wires--it's the orange and white one. Thanks, Foster48x. May I call you Fos for short?

Don
1979 Spider
2001Saab SW
2004 Saab Aero
Life's too short to drive boring cars
Foster48x

Post by Foster48x »

donm wrote:May I call you Fos for short?

Don
Why not. I've been called allot worse! :mrgreen: