Stereo cd/dvd

Gotta love that wiring . . .
rmalicki

Stereo cd/dvd

Post by rmalicki »

Hey all so i have been installing a new stereo unit that has a back-up camera and dvd. Theres a wire for new cars that u plug into the break so the car will allow the dvd to play (as you cant play it when in motion); however i'm not sure where this wire should go in the Fiat or if i can bypass it so i can use the cd player. Any ideas or anyone that has done this please let me know. The player works fine even the ipod plug works just not the cd/dvd.
jefftegeder

Re: Stereo cd/dvd

Post by jefftegeder »

Bypassing depends on the make of the player. It usually needs be connected to the ground for your ebrake. Connect the wire to a ground and see if it plays. A switch or relay in line could make it so you can play while in motion. BUT, that is all theory as I would never suggest anything against the law ;)
Danno

Re: Stereo cd/dvd

Post by Danno »

there is no law about how to wire them, just don't watch a dvd whilst driving. You need to find out what this circuit needs. it needs to be an open or closed ground, or maybe it needs to be 12v switched on or off. My backup sensor (not for the fiat) just had to be wired to the backup lights, so it would only come on when I was in reverse, maybe yours just has to get that 12v from the brake light.

your manual should say what kind of deal it is.