'79 Spider Restore Near Complete

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
backyardbill

Re: '79 Spider Restore Near Complete

Post by backyardbill »

Beautiful spider! Is that exterior color pewter? Thats what I am planning on painting mine, with a burgandy interior. And that front bumper looks great! :D
Torxx

Post by Torxx »

Thanks to all who offered props.. I am proud to say that I get a good number of compliments when I take it out on the road :D

backyardbill, The color is called silver birch (I am pretty sure) it is an old Aston Martin color.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Torxx wrote:Ron, the bumpers are after market ones made to fit the newer models. The quality is not great, especially, if the car is not garage keep. it also takes a little tweaking to get them installed and look right. Overall I am happy with them, love the look. My car stays in the garage.

Courtenay, no special modifications for the speakers to fit except there is spacer ring that keeps the the speaker out a bit so they won't get in the way of the folding top. I wish I had painted the grills black before installing. Removing the grills, in my case, requires removing the entire speaker after pulling out the panel (front and rear). I don't feel like messing with it.It looks ok, but black would be less obvious.

Where did you get the spacer ring? When I did this for mine I had to cut out rings of wood and paint them black, they don't really look that good but it was all I had at the time...
Torxx

Post by Torxx »

Nick, the previous owner already had them in place. i just replaced the equip. and used the same size speakers. I would check with you local car stereo shops, they should have something for you. good luck
zzeeksfiat78

Post by zzeeksfiat78 »

that is HOT! great job! love that bumper conversion :D