105 amp alternator

Gotta love that wiring . . .
beachboy

105 amp alternator

Post by beachboy »

Here is my stock, original Bosch alternator that now puts out 105 amps (use to be 65 amps). I hate to throw anything stock away. I was PMing MBouse on a Mich Short Shifter and just mentioned about my alt. that was going. He told me to send it to him, he might have a fix.You might hear more about this later, he's working things out. All new parts, brushes, bearings, voltage regulator and such. I have the only 105 amp stock Fiat Spider alt on the planet. It came back looking very purty. To make sure, I had it tested. Maybe I'll get heated seats now. LOL

maytag
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Re: 105 amp alternator

Post by maytag »

oooohhhhh.....
i totally need one of these.....

So, Mike did it for ya?

MIKE! Yo DAWG!!! :lol:
I'm no Boy-Racer..... but if I can't take every on-ramp at TWICE the posted limit.... I'm a total failure!
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

Would this classify as a SLEEPER?
Kingme2
Your car is a: 1980 124 Spider

Post by Kingme2 »

ARRGGG!!!
Are you saying my heated seats (enroute to me now) won't work if I don't upgrade my alternator???!?!?!
Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, we have decided to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel. We apologize for any inconvenience.

1981 Fiat Spider, all black... "Corvino", italian for the Raven
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Definitely tell us more! I was tickled pink to change my Marelli with external regulator to a Bosch a few years ago. I don't know what my 72 would do with 105 amps!
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
azygoustoyou

Post by azygoustoyou »

That thing looks better than new. What do you have there Mike? A resurrection machine. What's your magic cost? :mrgreen:
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

:shock: Beachboy ! Nelson Beachboy Denron !! :shock:

Remember when you were really in trouble as a kid? Mom would use your FULL name as she holler'd at you.
azygoustoyou

Post by azygoustoyou »

sounds like someone is in trouble
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Dang Beachboy...why didn't you tell us it was a secret? You coulda whispered it to us! :mrgreen:
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

Trouble for what? Its no secret...MBouse is just being loud I guess. Denise, I'll bet you could run your curling iron off this now without dimming your lights.
ventura ace

Post by ventura ace »

Very nice looking restoration! Good job.

Educate me for the need for so many amps from the alternator, I'm not convinced that I need more amps. I did change from the stock alternator (with external regulator, 45 amps, I think) to an internal regulated alternator, 55 amps I think. And that was mainly because I was tired of dealing with overcharging the battery with the finnicky external regulator. Everything is fine with the 55 amp alternator. Doesn't look as purty as yours, but it holds its own, and everything runs fine. What do I gain with a higher amp alternator, other than brighter lights at idle?

Alvon
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

Alvon,
I understand where your coming from. Mostly it was done to see what can be done. It is the stock alternator, so when someone looks at the engine, it doesnt look like a Ford or GM, and You know, the human endeavor to build bigger, taller and faster.
But, I added modern higher amperage halogen headlights, radio system with power amps for cleaner sound and more speakers. iPod-GPS-DVD-movie system. Added hidden DC-AC converter to plug in cooler to keep picnic supplies and drinks cold without adding bags of ice on nice trips.
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

beachboy wrote:Alvon,
I understand where your coming from. Mostly it was done to see what can be done. It is the stock alternator, so when someone looks at the engine, it doesnt look like a Ford or GM, and You know, the human endeavor to build bigger, taller and faster.
But, I added modern higher amperage halogen headlights, radio system with power amps for cleaner sound and more speakers. iPod-GPS-DVD-movie system. Added hidden DC-AC converter to plug in cooler to keep picnic supplies and drinks cold without adding bags of ice on nice trips.
Wow, I could see why you need more amps! :shock:
MauiSurfBrah
Your car is a: 1971 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by MauiSurfBrah »

Hi! Looks great! Could you share any insight on how you went about it? Cheers!
Justin
1958 1200 Turismo Veloce "TV" - Gone :cry:
1975 124 Spider "Andiamo" - Sold
1978 124 Spider "Martini" - Available for purchase
1971 124 Spider "Rosso" - Daily driver, about to undergo some major upgrades...
maytag
Your car is a: 1976 124 spider

Post by maytag »

so, are these alternators available to the rest of us yet?

what if I say "pretty-please"? :lol:
I'm no Boy-Racer..... but if I can't take every on-ramp at TWICE the posted limit.... I'm a total failure!