New Paint on my 79 Spider

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
SpyderJoe

New Paint on my 79 Spider

Post by SpyderJoe »

Hi all,
I decided to finally take care of the small rust bubbles and spots on my baby. I have owned her for 10 years and still love driving her. This is my second Fiat, (first one I owned in college and learned how to fix them back then - it was a 75 Spider). I want to post photos but I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone help out?

Thanks.
SpyderJoe
79 Spider - 34 ADF w/ 1800 intake
TulsaSpider
Your car is a: 1978 Spyder 124 2L

Re: New Paint on my 79 Spider

Post by TulsaSpider »

do a search. This comes up on a regular basis. First open a flicker or photobucket account upload pics, then copy and paste
1978 Spyder 1800 make that 2L! Finally making real progress!
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

Thanks Tulsa.

Here is a link from Photobucket.

http://pbckt.com/sL.dijm

Just click on it and it should take you there.

I will update regularly with more pics. I decided to change the color slightly from Sky Blue to Ocean Blue and added two Silver stripes to match the Superlite rims.
SpyderJoe
Newell33

Post by Newell33 »

Very nice color choice. The car looks great!
DoctorPDR

Post by DoctorPDR »

Looks very nice. Can I give you my opinion on something? I would have only done the raised metal (flares, bubbles, whatever you want to call them) in silver on the hood. The stripe is a great concept, when you are dealing with a flat surface. Other than that, very sharp and nice shade.

But you know what they say...opinions are like a..holes -- everyone has one. :shock:
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

Guys,
Thanks for the replys. It really came out nice. I am putting new carpet in it now and will have it on the road shortly. DoctorPDR, I have seen a couple spider with the hood bumps painted a different color and I wasn't a big fan. I found a couple of pics of fiats with twin stripes over the length of the body and I had to have it. I will post pics of the completed car when all carpets are in.
SpyderJoe
DoctorPDR

Post by DoctorPDR »

SpyderJoe wrote:Guys,
Thanks for the replys. It really came out nice. I am putting new carpet in it now and will have it on the road shortly. DoctorPDR, I have seen a couple spider with the hood bumps painted a different color and I wasn't a big fan. I found a couple of pics of fiats with twin stripes over the length of the body and I had to have it. I will post pics of the completed car when all carpets are in.
As long as you are happy with it is all that matters. And if you're happy, I'm happy. :D
Exit98

Post by Exit98 »

and I wouldn't do either, but that's what it's all about.

Great shade of blue.

Gunna be nice.