One Day of Picking Spiders in SoCal

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
Spiderinsider

Re: One Day of Picking Spiders in SoCal

Post by Spiderinsider »

Great post..... but leave some parts for me. I'm heading down to some of those locations pretty soon. That '79 though is waaay too good to dismantle. Someone should be shot at dawn for taking it there (although I could actually use a few parts from it.) Is it just me being a Luddite or is it sad to see some cars end like this? I remember picking parts back in he 80s and there would be Fiat 500s and 850s all over the place and in very nice shape. Wish I had an aircraft hangar and unlimited funds to save the species.
Tersta

Post by Tersta »

Brian
I would like to know what you used to dye the carpet.
Thanks
Tersta
SLOSpider
Your car is a: 1973 124 Spider 2.0FI

Post by SLOSpider »

I use Vinyl&Fabric gloss black spray paint by Dupli-Color. Works great on plastic too. I even spray my Procar Fabric seats in my Cosmo with it for show and such. Sure makes it look new again.
1975 124 Spider
1976 Mazda Cosmo http://www.mazdacosmo.com
1989 Chevy k5 Blazer
1967 GT Mustang Fastback
amsiegel

Post by amsiegel »

Lucky guy

The nearist thing I found in walking through the 3 parts lot near me was a 1977 Alfa that looked like it was in a lake for 10 years.
Tersta

Post by Tersta »

SLOSpider wrote:I use Vinyl&Fabric gloss black spray paint by Dupli-Color. Works great on plastic too. I even spray my Procar Fabric seats in my Cosmo with it for show and such. Sure makes it look new again.
Thanks! I will have to try that.
Tersta