new type emblem and badge on restoration

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
SpiderJim

new type emblem and badge on restoration

Post by SpiderJim »

Would like your input on these ideas for re-embling my new restoration.

This is a new type of badge I just made out of an epoxy resin with aluminum powder. After burnishing it comes out like gun metal but is actually aluminum/resin. Sitting on the trunk about 1/8" higher until I install it. Maybe switch the letters to white keeping the metallic background in red that will also match my wheel inserts

This is a new 3-D Spider emblem I'm currently developing. It will also be finished in gun metal to suit the wheels and silver for my friends car. What do you think about the size. The side moldings will ride just above it so it will look like they are meant to be together. Moldings will also be gun metal to match the wheel color on SS rails. So will be an exact match to the wheel color and mix of GM and silver.
Nick

Re: new type emblem and badge on restoration

Post by Nick »

I think that looks really good. I love gunmetal, especially on trim, looks great on a silver spider. I'd like to see some more detailed/brighter photos of it when it's complete. I definitely would suggest white lettering on that badge. It'll pop out a lot more, solid colours look better on metallic backgrounds. If you end up doing that post a picture! Pretty awesome work!
Kingme2
Your car is a: 1980 124 Spider

Post by Kingme2 »

indeed... show us the white letter variant :D
Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, we have decided to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel. We apologize for any inconvenience.

1981 Fiat Spider, all black... "Corvino", italian for the Raven
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Very nice!
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
SpiderJim

Post by SpiderJim »

mdrburchette wrote:Very nice!
Thanks all for the positive input. I am going to reproduce the Spider badge when my car is done ( another month) Will be 8 "x 1 1/2 ". Will have raised lettering. That GM color looks amazing on the pearl white. Just painted my lower extruded rocker cover in the GM and then removed the top colored ribbing back to polished aluminum. Looks amazing. I'm really thrilled with the way it is turning out. I'm also getting custom interior in GM and Champaign. Will post when further along.