Should I buy a 1982 Spider

General chat about the car goes in here.
yap123

Should I buy a 1982 Spider

Post by yap123 »

Howdy,

I'm thinking of buying a Spider? However, will I have a lot of little mechnical problems? It's a commuter car with 172K miles? Am I dreaming that it'll be reliable? I'm use to reliable Japanese cars. Will I be bringing it into the shop often?

Also, can I add seatbelts in the backseat? I know it's not really for seating, but for two little kids for around town?

Thanks,
Clint
CarlaRWG

Post by CarlaRWG »

The amount of problems you will run into depend greatly on the quality of the car you buy and how detailed you are about maintance. They are great cars if you love them enough.
As far as seatbelts I don't know if you can add them to the back, there are a lot of on-line places you can order them, but keep in mind before you put young children in a Fiat that it is a unibody car that would not take a hit very well. I say this because I have 5 kids and will not likely ever put them in it and my Fiat and it has back seat belts.

To all members of this site please keep in mind before you get upset at what I said that it comes from surviving a Fiat wreck and having alot of little kids. Just personal feelings.