Passenger side rear maker running lights not working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
amsiegel

Passenger side rear maker running lights not working

Post by amsiegel »

Ok today I brought my car to the Fiat/Alfa/Euro car expert to set my timing for me. I was sick of waiting for someone to send me my timing light back. $15.00 later I was on the rode having fun. Dropped car of at my storage place at noon and came back at 8PM to have some fun.

As soon as I pull out the fuse for the dash lights blow. I drive around for 20 mins and head back to fix the problem. When I returned I relized that my rear passenger side running lights the one in the turn signal housing and the side marker are also not working. On my last attempt of the even and last fuse whatever I did took care of the dash lights. I tested everything with the rear running lights and figured out the yellow/black wire has no juice in it. I did not think about testing the wire as it comes out of the fuse panel but in the back of the car it has not juice.

Can these to problems be connected?
Can I just tap into the yellow/red wire on the drive side to get the lights working?
Any suggestions
Thanks
pope

Re: Passenger side rear maker running lights not working

Post by pope »

The wires to the passenger side rear lights come from the drivers side. They are not separate. Trace the wires back to the drivers side and clean off the connections and the ground wires.
amsiegel

Post by amsiegel »

Pope

On a 77 the rear running lights are on seperat wires. The drives side runing light and passenger side plate light are on the Y/R wire comming from one fuse and the passenger side running light and the drivers side plate light are on the Y/B wire that share another fuse with instument panel lights, cigerette lighter and few other things.

I figured out I had a short in Y/B wire somewhere between the dash and the trunk. Not wanting to pull everything apart I I disconected the Y/B that run the rear running from the fuse box and connected the passenger running lights to the drivers side.

Everything seems to be working OK now
pope

Post by pope »

Like I said before, Fiat always has to change things from year to year, just so they can come out with a new wiring schematic :roll:

Now you did a 79 and later upgrade by running the passenger side off the drivers.