Instrument Lights

Gotta love that wiring . . .
FordPrefect
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat Spider 124

Instrument Lights

Post by FordPrefect »

My speedo has gone dark on the left side, so now I've got to figure out how to replace the bulb back there. I pulled the dash panel out, but the steering wheel is kinda in the way, and since I didn't spot any obvious lightbulbs back there, I just reassembled until I have more time to dig around in there.

I just know a wire or two will come undone if I jiggle stuff too much. :roll:
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Re: Instrument Lights

Post by htchevyii »

You might be able to squeeze your hand up there and get the socket out from underneath, otherwise loosen the bolts under the column to lower it and maybe pull the steering wheel.
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,
ga.spyder
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Post by ga.spyder »

I think you will find if you loosen the 2 bolts under the column(like Trey suggests),that you can get at all of the guages.I have big hands and I had no problem after dropping the column.
Craig
Craig Nelson

1982 Spider 2000...pride and joy
1981 Fiat X1/9..gone but not forgotten
1976 124 Spider..the self-healer
2001 BMW 328ci daily driver and track car
Fling It Around Turns !
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

i have a 2 year old granddaughter that is just great for reaching into tight places like the back side of that instrument cluster. the only problem is that her attention span is so short that she does not stick around long enough to be of much use.

unless you can find a 2-5 year old with greater attention span that what i find here, your best bet is to pull that instrument cluster after dropping the steering column. it only takes an extra three minutes to drop and replace that steering column.

three minutes verses getting on your back with your head resting on the accelerator pedal, one hand holding a flashlight, and the other hand all bloodied and cramped...

yeah. I will spend the three minutes.
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

Mike, your granddaughter is 2 years old already!? Seems like in a couple more weeks we'll be getting wedding invitations!
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

well, the girl is two...yup. the grandson is only 8 months. with four daughters, i plan on having lots of little helping hands in my garage in the coming years.