sway bars from iap

Suspension related stuff goes in here.
Spyderbuddy

sway bars from iap

Post by Spyderbuddy »

anyone tried the sway bars from iap i've already done bushings, springs, and koni shocks, just that has made a big diff in handling, but as most know there is no sway bar on the back and a small one on the front. i'm really wanting a car that can handle. i've been also thinking of 15" wheels with 205 50 15s and 225 50 15s .i've also added the slotted and drilled brakes and fereo pads can't really tell a diff with the brakes yet, got to let them brake in first
jprisbe

Post by jprisbe »

I just installed the rear sway bar that IAP sells, yesterday.

Even my wife (in the passenger seat) noticed a difference when we went through my favorite curves :D
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Jon, why did you decide on the rear vs the front swaybar upgrade? I've got the front bar, but I don't know what helped the handling, since I upgraded to Koni's and new bushings at the same time.
jprisbe

Post by jprisbe »

I had the opportunity to get the rear bar "slightly used" and basically 1/2 off the new price; so I got it. I definitely noticed less body roll when going around my favorite curves.

I don't have Koni's, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once...

I replaced all the front bushing this spring; only noticeable difference was the shimmy I had at 58 mph went away. So when I do get the front bar it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes.
Jim DeShon

Post by Jim DeShon »

My car is currently in pieces. I've added Koni yellows and IAP lowering springs. I too am looking for a little more handling out of what is already a great, and simple chassis. I feel it needs a stiffer front sway bar more than in the rear. The car tends to push a bit. A stiffer front bar would help this. It would be nice to find an adjustable bar but, I don't think that is going to happen. ...J.D.