What make/model/size of tires are on your Spider?

Suspension related stuff goes in here.
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

185 70 13 b f g,s the advantage. tires were brand new, came off a parts car.
bandit

Post by bandit »

It's interesting how everyone has different taste when it comes to
wheels on a spider .

V6spider i read your website looks like you put a lot of work in
that beast on 1 of the pages you said some thing about going
to a track what kind Drag ? and was wondering the HP of the
Chevy V6 with the mod's 300 and your 1/4 times must be fast
with that kind of horse power to wieght .

Dan
bandit

Post by bandit »

I like your wheels Rey !

Dan
brad131a4

Post by brad131a4 »

I guess I'll post mine as I'm running 195/45/14 in front and 225/40/14 in back. They are on Borbet T's the rims are 7" in front 8" in back. I have no problems with rubbing and the car is lowered on top of the tires. The tires are Toyo TS-1s. Not a cheap set up but they look the way I wanted them to look.[/list]
Spyderbuddy

Post by Spyderbuddy »

185 70 13 sumitomo htr on a cromodora rim
Jim DeShon

Post by Jim DeShon »

I ran 185-70-13's on the rear and stock 165's on the front the last year or so I ran mine. I have since lowered the car w/IAP springs. I need to shorten the panhard rod in the rear a bit to center the axle then I'll see what I have to do in the front. I would like to use the 185-70-13's in front too. I have some 70's vintage 13" aluminium wheels for the car that look period correct. I have to check wheel clearance at full lock both ways. I think they are 5.5" width.
brad131a4

Post by brad131a4 »

Jim you shouldn't have any clearance issues with the tire size that you indicated. I have a 7" rim in the front of mine and I don't even come close to rubbing on anything. Running a stock rim with a 205 60 13 won't have a problem even on a car lowered with the springs that you have.
Jim DeShon

Post by Jim DeShon »

Brad: I wouldn't think so if the car wasn't so low. It is probably 2" below stock. I hope you're right. I'll check it out as soon as I get another project out of the shop so I have some more room to work.
Mark_vaughn

Original wheels

Post by Mark_vaughn »

Does anyone have a picture of the original wheels from a '77 model? Or at least know what they look like?

I dont think mine are original, but wanted to check.
v6spider
Your car is a: 4.3L V6 Powered 1972 124 FIAT Spider

Post by v6spider »

bandit wrote:
V6spider i read your website looks like you put a lot of work in
that beast on 1 of the pages you said some thing about going
to a track what kind Drag ? and was wondering the HP of the
Chevy V6 with the mod's 300 and your 1/4 times must be fast
with that kind of horse power to wieght .

Dan
Dan... Though I have not officially tested the car... The car will, from a rolling start ( 10 + MPH), light em' up and get up to 3rd before I have to let off the gas for fear off losing it. 8) ... I have also used some sophisticated software engine analzer pro Ver. 3.3 and came up with these specs:

http://www.v6spider.com/DynoResults.bmp
http://www.v6spider.com
4.3L V6 Powered 1972 124 FIAT Spider
Gerard Del Monte

Post by Gerard Del Monte »

I've got polished 6x14 Cromodora 'Daytonas' and am running Falken Ziex ZE512 206/60R/14s. Love the combination.
Mark_vaughn

Post by Mark_vaughn »

spyderbuddy wrote:185 70 13 sumitomo htr on a cromodora rim
How are the Sumitomo tires? They are the only performance tire in 13" that I have been able to find.