Reversing/Backup lights not working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
derekgale

Reversing/Backup lights not working

Post by derekgale »

Hi all,

My car (1983 Pininfarina Spidereuropa 2000i) is due its annual safety test (UK MOT test) and I've noticed that the backup/reversing lights aren't working. The bulbs seem OK so it's probably the switch on the gearbox. My workshop manual doesn't show where that is, or indicate how easy it is to fix. Any experiences/thoughts or info would be great.

Cheers,

Derek.

PS Where can I get a good workshop manual for this car? I've got a very rough, falling apart Clymer manual from 1987.
So Cal Mark

Re: Reversing/Backup lights not working

Post by So Cal Mark »

the switch is on the lower right corner of the tranny, facing towards the rear. The switches don't fail often, but it's easy for the wires to get damaged by the flex coupler if they aren't secured properly
pirateid

Post by pirateid »

Ok so I have the reverse problem. I just got my 77 back on the road after 4 years. I had the engine rebuilt but no tranny work. My reverse lights go on any time the tranny is in any gear. Goes off when in nuetral but I've a couple folks mention they are on at stoplights.

Love this forum, glad to find it to help me with the little things.

Dave in Boise

ps. anyone got a set of used headers for an 1800 engine?
pope

Post by pope »

Now all you need it the beep,beep,beep box that they put on garbage trucks when they back up and your set.
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

http://www.artigue.com/fiat.php#Wiring

one hard working, great guy.... and fellow Fiat fanatic has taken the time to answer nearly every one of your wiring questions. take a look and see which download you need to do to obtain your personal copy of the wiring diagram(s). Always a good starting point, the wiring diagrams.
pirateid

Post by pirateid »

thanks for the direction guys, I'll look into wiring in the back up alarm, might get the attention of all the big cowboy truck out here.

dp