Interchangeable Parts

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
HeyHebi
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider 2000

Interchangeable Parts

Post by HeyHebi »

Wondering if other year models are compatible with mine in order to find parts a bit more accessibly? Currently restoring an '81 but was looking at a listing for 2 part cars that are both '79.
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Interchangeable Parts

Post by TX82FIAT »

79 is the fist year of the spider 2000 but still carbureted. Most things related to the fuel system will not be interchangeable. There are other nuances in parts depending on the part. However, most items are interchangeable with little or no modification. I think you would do better to ask about the specific part you need to replace and we could tell you if that would work.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
HeyHebi
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider 2000

Post by HeyHebi »

TX82FIAT wrote:79 is the fist year of the spider 2000 but still carbureted. Most things related to the fuel system will not be interchangeable. There are other nuances in parts depending on the part. However, most items are interchangeable with little or no modification. I think you would do better to ask about the specific part you need to replace and we could tell you if that would work.
Mainly just looking at the more cosmetic parts, such as the dashboard, seats, carpet pieces, headlights, things like that.
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Post by TX82FIAT »

All items mentions will be the same for the 79-82. (dashboard, seats, carpet pieces, headlights,). The Dash will work on any model year from 78 to 82. The headlights should work for any model from 66 to 85. In fact, I think the seat rails are the same for 74-85 while the seats themselves are not. You could use seats from 74-85 while they might not be the exact seats for the year. Carpet will work from 66-82 as the Pininfarina 83-85 uses a different carpet. As mentions before, it depends on the part. A good method to understand is to go to one of our vendors web sites and cross reference the years the parts fit with your year. There are small differences in seat, differentials, dashes, alternators, exhaust, intake, battery location, alternator location and type, distributor location, ignition and many more items that change by year of the vehicle.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban