Hydraulic shocks for 124.

Suspension related stuff goes in here.
sida555
Your car is a: 1981 Pininfarina

Hydraulic shocks for 124.

Post by sida555 »

Just wondering if anyone used the cofap shocks offered by AR or the shocks offered by Vicks ? How are they. Planning a full suspension rebuild and I wanted to change the shocks to some hydraulic without spending a ton on Koni yellows.
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: Hydraulic shocks for 124.

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

About 2 years ago, I replaced all the shocks in my '69 and '71 spiders with the Cofap sets offered by AR. On sale and free shipping, if I recall. They have been fine although I wouldn't call them performance shocks in the sense of road racing or rallying. But for mildly aggressive street use, they are fine.

Honestly, I think the tires make a bigger difference than the shocks. I don't have any experience with the Vick's shocks.

-Bryan
Odoyle
Your car is a: 1983 Pinafarina Spider

Post by Odoyle »

I bought Vicks oil filled shocks for my 77 restomod, love them compared to the KYBs in my 83, their soft but compliant and the price was right.
sida555

Post by sida555 »

Odoyle wrote:I bought Vicks oil filled shocks for my 77 restomod, love them compared to the KYBs in my 83, their soft but compliant and the price was right.
https://www.vickauto.com/FIAT-PARTS/FIA ... KU-62-7344

is this what you go with ?
sida555

Post by sida555 »

18Fiatsandcounting wrote:About 2 years ago, I replaced all the shocks in my '69 and '71 spiders with the Cofap sets offered by AR. On sale and free shipping, if I recall. They have been fine although I wouldn't call them performance shocks in the sense of road racing or rallying. But for mildly aggressive street use, they are fine.

Honestly, I think the tires make a bigger difference than the shocks. I don't have any experience with the Vick's shocks.

-Bryan
Thanks for the input Bryan. I am going between the Cofap and Vicks hydrashocks. I'm sure anything i go with is gonna be far more superior than the old crap in my car ha ha.
Odoyle

Post by Odoyle »

sida555 wrote:
Odoyle wrote:I bought Vicks oil filled shocks for my 77 restomod, love them compared to the KYBs in my 83, their soft but compliant and the price was right.

Yep those are them, also bought a set of lowered springs either from Vicks or AR and cut a few coils off to achieve desired hight.
sida555

Post by sida555 »

Odoyle wrote:
sida555 wrote:

Yep those are them, also bought a set of lowered springs either from Vicks or AR and cut a few coils off to achieve desired hight.
Got it. I'm wondering how would it work with stock springs. I'm not planning to adjust anything other than new shocks Are those shocks made by a company for Vicks ? Or does it have a brand name ?
Odoyle

Post by Odoyle »

No clue, as far as I know Vicks is the only company selling them, I would imagine it would work fine with stock springs, keep in mind though the stock springs are 40+ year old which have the capacity to be wear out depending on milage so it might not hurt to throw in a new set while you have every thing apart.