Megajolt and fuel injection

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
wwfolland
Your car is a: 1970 Fiat 124 BS

Megajolt and fuel injection

Post by wwfolland »

Am trying to install fuel injection onto my 2 Liter engine that had carbs and a megajolt electronic ignition system.

All goes well up to the point of getting a signal to pin #1 on the ECU, this signal would typically come from an ignition coil on a distributor configured engine.

Am lost as to whereI can pickup signal from the megajolt or the Ford EDIS module that is part of my electronic ignition system.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Megajolt and fuel injection

Post by TX82FIAT »

Not as familiar with the Megajolt but it should be similar to other programmable fuel injection systems where it gets it signal from a VR pickup sensor (magnetic) that detects revs of a rotating part like the crank shaft/fly wheel. The trigger wheel will have groves with either one or two missing teeth to give your engine spark. For the megajolt I would think a 36-1 wheel using a ford EDIS. for a carb setup I imagine you will need some type of sensor that runs off the manifold pressure as an element of the timing. I hope this bit of info helps. I'm not really sure I answered your question.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
wwfolland
Your car is a: 1970 Fiat 124 BS

Post by wwfolland »

The Megajolt was working just fine on my carb'd engine, after the conversion to fuel injection I am having trouble finding a way for the Megajolt to communicate to the fuel injection ECU ( pin #1).

Need to understand how to replace the signal that came fron the coil on the carb'd engine to the ECU, which is no longer there, and somehor get a signal, from my Megajolt ignition system that will connect to the fuel injection ECU (pin #1).

This is my dilemma..............................
ORFORD2004
Your car is a: 1983 PININFARINA

Post by ORFORD2004 »

What your TPS sensor, on-off or variable and why don't you use megasquirt for ECU?