3D printed parts - Fiat 1100 De Luxe Turn Signal Controls

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
Jsutton
Your car is a: 1981 124 spider 2000

3D printed parts - Fiat 1100 De Luxe Turn Signal Controls

Post by Jsutton »

I made up a set of 3D printed turn signal controls (switches on the steering column) for a 1959 Fiat De Luxe 1100 to help out a friend, took a few tries but I think they came out pretty nice, not exact but close on the knob style. I used Formlabs tough 2000 resin and black oven baked epoxy paint for final finish. I used polished stainless-steel rod from McMaster Carr for the levers (looks like chrome) and threaded the ends on my lathe, made the bends. Probably not a lot of demand for these but I figure if someone does need a set I've already done the design work in Solidworks. My company let's us print "government jobs" and we have a few 3D printers, always up for a challenge but not looking to start a business out of this.

I can't seem to attach a photo of these. Let me know if you need the files to print a set, or if you don't have access to a 3D printer we could work something out.
KillerB
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000

Re: 3D printed parts - Fiat 1100 De Luxe Turn Signal Controls

Post by KillerB »

Wow, sounds cool.

For posts with photos you have to link them from a picture hosting site. I use Imgur, but there are others, it works quite well (see my post on 3D Printed vent hole covers http://www.fiatspider.com/f15/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40690 ).
Brian G. Butler
Colby Village
Nova Scotia, Canada
'79 Fiat 2000