Restoration 1978 Fiat Spider

General chat about the car goes in here.
litshopofguitars
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat Spider

Restoration 1978 Fiat Spider

Post by litshopofguitars »

Anyone have any experience with "Roadster Salon"?

I want to restore my fiat spider back to it's original glory.
It needs too much for me to do it, I don't have the equipment, nor the patients and time to do it myself!

If it was an American car at least I would have the patients...lol!

Roadster Salon puts out some great cars, but a hefty price tag! like...$50,000+
is it worth it, to turn mine into a "Brand New 1978 Fiat 124 Spider???

or do I buy a 2020 fiat spider for $32000.00 and have a "State of the Art" Vehicle?
81SPIDERMATT
Your car is a: 1981 spider 2000

Re: Restoration 1978 Fiat Spider

Post by 81SPIDERMATT »

It's only money... get the faster one at 80 grand .... guessing if i sent mine off to the engine guy then the body and paint guy and then the interior guy could push tens of thousands of dollars real quick.... no experience with roadster salon ... better question might be ... who does complete restorations ?... if i was to send mine off and "get it done" i would start with Allison's Automotive in Ca ... bet he would be competitive ..but thats me ...

I would love to send mine off.... but for me it is the journey that me and my car have decided to do together over time... as money allows ...and while i type this it occurs to me that if i had the cash i would ship my car in a hot minute and await the day that she showed back up looking and running like the "someday" image in my mind .... it's only money ...Matt