Ideogram Thumbwheel on center dash

Gotta love that wiring . . .
So Cal Mark

Re: Ideogram Thumbwheel on center dash

Post by So Cal Mark »

we've tried several different versions and weren't happy with any of them. The units with sufficient leds were too large to fit the Fiat gauges. But that was last year. Perhaps we'll see new versions next month at the SEMA show
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

For what it's worth, on my 75 the thumbwheel's entire purpose was to dim the hazard flasher switch on the lower part of the center of the dash. And it was helpful too as the hazard rocker switch was MUCH brighter than the rest of the dash lights.
pope

Post by pope »

I purchased some of the dash LED's and will let you guys know of the results when I get them next week.
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

I'd be intersted in the LEDs. I installed one in the fuel gauge. The light is whiter and makes it easier to read the gauge, but when I tried installing it in other sockets, I couldn't get them to fit so now I have one white light and the rest are dim yellow.
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
pressonregardless
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1974 Spider

Post by pressonregardless »

So finally, the thumb wheel controls the brightness of the hazard switch, right? Not the vent/heater control levers, right? Anyway, so glad the LED conversation started. So Pope, drum roll................does the T-10 LED fit in the gauges and do they brighten up dim gauges? Another question; Does anyone have reflection at night on the windshield? My bottom right water temp gauge shows a crescent of reflection on the windshield at night. Charlie
1974 Spider, 1756cc, points & Carb, 118K California miles
pope

Post by pope »

Received the T10 SMT led bulbs. Cost is $5 a piece. Have seen 10 for $42 (Hong Kong). Super white, and fit all the dash holders. These will not work in the small dash indicator lights for low gas, blinkers, high temp, Brights, they are a different bulb. But they do fit the holders that backlight all of the dash lights. They do fit snugly in and do work. I have lit them off the battery, in the clock and they do work. Since the car is not together, I will be getting together with Ted (engineerted) later this week to try them in a dash at night to view them. There is four led's around the sides and one on top.
The thumbwheel controls all the dash lights, not just the heater or hazard switch

fiasco
Your car is a: 1969 Fiat Spider

Dash LEDs (was Re: Ideogram Thumbwheel on center dash)

Post by fiasco »

pope wrote:Received the T10 SMT led bulbs. Cost is $5 a piece. Have seen 10 for $42 (Hong Kong). Super white, and fit all the dash holders. These will not work in the small dash indicator lights for low gas, blinkers, high temp, Brights, they are a different bulb. But they do fit the holders that backlight all of the dash lights. They do fit snugly in and do work. I have lit them off the battery, in the clock and they do work. Since the car is not together, I will be getting together with Ted (engineerted) later this week to try them in a dash at night to view them. There is four led's around the sides and one on top.
The thumbwheel controls all the dash lights, not just the heater or hazard switch

Sort of hate to dig up an old, dead thread, but. . . Pope, how did these LEDs work out once you got them in a functioning dash?

-- se
Steve Eubanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1969 Fiat 124 Spider AS | 2108 Fiat 124 Spider Classica | http://calstylestudio.com