Antenna

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
RaneeHobbs
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Antenna

Post by RaneeHobbs »

My question of the day. My 76 Fiat Spider has a cable attached to the antenna. Where does that plug go?
DieselSpider
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider with Isuzu Turbo Diesel

Re: Antenna

Post by DieselSpider »

Depends on the cable. Most RubberDucky's have a short (some may be left long) antenna cable with a phono-plug on the end of it that plugs into the main antenna cable that's in the left wheel well.

Usually there will be a separate antenna cable similar to below going to from the dash to the trunk:

If its an electric telescopic whip then there will also be a power cable for raising and lowering the antenna having a black ground wire, red power wire and green signal wire for triggering the antenna to raise and lower or some variation of that.

spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: Antenna

Post by spider2081 »

I think a 1976 Spider would have a factory installed grey coax routed with the battery cable through the car s driver side. this coaxes Motorola fitting that plugs into the radio has a capacitor inside it. There for the center conductor of the coax can not be traced with an ohm meter. The outer conductor (shield) can be traced.
My question of the day. My 76 Fiat Spider has a cable attached to the antenna. Where does that plug go?
The male Motorola fitting on the antenna's coax would plug into the female Motorola on the grey coax.