Horn Compressor Install

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
NSFIAT
Your car is a: 1981 Pininfarina

Horn Compressor Install

Post by NSFIAT »

Late last year I removed the stock horns from my '81 - the bodies had deteriorated to a point where I couldn't look at them anymore. I picked up a dual air horn kit from Auto Ricambi but have misplaced the paper work that came with it. My main question is - how have people mounted the compressor (and where!) - any photos / relevant posts would be much appreciated! Google searches have shown a couple of compressors mounted to the left of the radiator, but they aren't clear enough to show me how . . .

FYI - My god - that horn is loud :D
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Horn Compressor Install

Post by azruss »

I removed the washer tank to put the horns in this location.
76was124
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by 76was124 »

It's been a while since I had my 76, but if I recall correctly, the air horns were parallel to and between the radiator and grill. The compressor I think was in the engine compartment below the washer reservoir. I think it had a washer bag, vs solid plastic bottle so it had more room to mount it there.

Although I do like Azruss horn mounting....it will definitely be louder in the direction of the blasts intended recipient!
Current 81 Spider 2000
Previous 76 Spider
wizard124
Your car is a: 1980 124 spider FI

Post by wizard124 »

These are the locations for my '80. Factory installation as far as I know. You may need to click on the second photo to view it un-cut.