seat hardware

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
grasshopper
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat Spider

seat hardware

Post by grasshopper »

I think i may need a new piece for my drivers seat. The hinge part near the centre console. Mine has the cover off (cracked in few places), and the seat is all wobbly.Does anyone have a used part for this ?
DanD
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 spider

Re: seat hardware

Post by DanD »

You might want to check it out further. Often the threaded mounting on the seat breaks its welds, and the pivot becomes floppy. Taking the seat out and apart it fairly easy if you have basic tools. Stripping the seat is also straightforward, however repairing the threaded mount requires the use of a welder. Sometimes a large washer welded in will act as a reinforcement.

If you have the seat apart and all the pieces, it is a ten minute job with a welder. If it does turn out that it is a seat hinge you need, I;m sure that there are plenty of forum members who would have one available.
Shadoobie
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina Spider 2000

Post by Shadoobie »

I had a very similar problem with my seats it seems. If the top half of the seat is easily wobbled back and forth regardless of the adjustment position, the best thing to do is get a replacement inner frame for the seat. You can find one for $10-15 and switching them out it pretty straightforward.
MattBradley
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by MattBradley »

Shadoobie, do you know a source for an inner seat frame?

I've been looking high & low for a seat frame, but all I can find are lower seat pans.

Thanks.