Desert FLU 10th Annual Gita - January 1st

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
AJFiat
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider

Desert FLU 10th Annual Gita - January 1st

Post by AJFiat »

10th Annual Gita - A ride around town - Italian style!

Tell all your friends!

“YES” the Desert FLU Gita is on for the 1st of January, 2015!!!

For those who don’t know, the GITA is Desert FLU’s (Arizona’s only Fiat Club of America
chapter) yearly treasure hunt and rally drive (“gita” is Italian for drive in the country). And as
the Italians say... "You should do on the first of the year that which you hope to do all year."
Driving our cars and having fun with our friends sounds right to us! This event is open to all
clubs and all cars.

Starting location will be Fiat of Scottsdale at 16301 N 78th Street, Scottsdale, 85260. Arrival
time is 8:30am for a 9:30am send off (subject to last minute change, so watch for the prior days
email). Please bring a small contribution for signing up ($15). There is a breakfast included at
the start (“una prima colazione”). There are also prizes and raffles from our vendors and
supporters.

This year our format is similar to last year - a scavenger hunt, with accumulated points – so, you
will need some help and some equipment. Drivers should have navigators to assist and/or, at
least, some way to do a search for locations (e.g. iPad, smartphone, gps). You can also make a
“lifeline” calls to friends who can help you look up needed info. We will set it up this year for
you to have the option to call one of the organizers if you get lost – however that will cost you
points! You will also need a way to take pictures (digital camera, smartphone) for extra points.

Your ending location will be our lunch stop ($10 per head buffet). In order to make the day
competitive, this location will be given to you in clue form, so you need to stay sharp. We
promise you a day of fun, camaraderie and mental challenges.So team up, get up early on the 1st
and be ready to have some grand touring fun.

Email us below to RSVP.

Ciao!

Eric and Wendy
(elynn1@cox.net)
AJFiat

Re: Desert FLU 10th Annual Gita - January 1st

Post by AJFiat »

I posted this for Eric and Wendy and they did such a great job organizing everything last year and we had so much fun on it so hopefully we have lots of Fiat owners make it out again this year.

Although our Fiat was not running we still did the run in my 1989 Dodge Dakota Convertible but this year we should be there in the 79 Spider.
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Post by azruss »

Had a ball last year. Just sent Eric my RSVP.
johndemar
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by johndemar »

Plan on being there as well.

Better make sure those seat warmers still work Russ!
76 Fiat 124 Spider
One owner since July 20, 1976
Amadio Motor, Jeannette, PA
johndemar

Post by johndemar »

Bump......

I know there are a lot of new owners in AZ that may not have seen this.
76 Fiat 124 Spider
azruss

Post by azruss »

I just got an e-mail from Eric who said he still had room. Had an eclectic mix of cars last year from an Italia to a new Lotus with a decent mix of Alfas. John and I were the only 2 fiats. It started out cold, but were down to long sleeve shirts by mid morning. Turn into a delightful day.
garion
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by garion »

Unfortunately, this year is out for me, other plans. Maybe next year.. I do hope to be in a couple drives soon though!
--John
1978 Fiat 124 Spider (for sale soon)
1979 Fiat 124 Spider
2007 Audi A4
Blog: http://www.technobabelfish.com
SunnySideUp
Your car is a: SOLD

Post by SunnySideUp »

Be on the look out for a white Pantera from Tucson to join the rally. 8)

I wish I could attend this time around but am out due to existing obligations this year. :cry:

Looking forward to some pics being posted here from those to participate! :wink:
SunnySideUp
AJFiat

Post by AJFiat »

Looks like I better finally get around to figuring out what is up with the blower motor for our heat.
azruss

Post by azruss »

Now they says its supposed to rain. (they say this a lot in Phoenix because saying another day of sunshine is bad for the ratings). Usually its 10% of what they predict. So here I am with no top and no wipers. Discovered yesterday my wiper motor is Kaput. I fast tracked a motor and blades, now i just need to figure out a top. Installing my old targa top would be the simplest I think. I may have to stoop to taking the Civic instead. :oops: :cry:
johndemar

Post by johndemar »

My wipers don't work either and my heater core leaks a bit, but at least the top is sound.
I may be tempted to go straight from breakfast at the dealership to the bar. :lol:
76 Fiat 124 Spider
azruss

Post by azruss »

I'm doing all i can do to evoke Murphy's law. I started installing the ragtop tonight. If anything will hold off the rain, its that. :mrgreen: