Starting Issues

Gotta love that wiring . . .
hnraney

Starting Issues

Post by hnraney »

I have a 1980 Spider and it starts fine in my garage but any time I take it out sometimes it starts sometimes it does not want to start until I give it a little push. The guy I bought it from said that it was an "Italian Car Thing" but I have looked for info on this and not seen anything on it. I love the car and would drive it all of the time, but I hate the push. Also, how do you disconect the door buzzer? This is sooooo annoying when you open the door to push the car down the road, it only ads to my panic attack. :shock:

Thanks,
Hugh & Nancy Raney
Big Spring, TX
1980 Fiat Spider 2000
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

so are you saying the starter won't turn the engine over when hot? If so, check the harness connector about 6 inches down from the ign switch. You may find a loose connection and a burned connector. If that connection is fine, you'll have to test for power at the starter when the situation occurs

There is a white 2-wire connector from the ign switch that operates the buzzer, just disconnect it to disable the buzzer
John Donohue

The door buzzer

Post by John Donohue »

I was told via earlier postings that the door buzzer receives power from two white wires coming out of the ignition switch. On my 77 spider, they go immediately to an in line fuse - so no fuse, no buzzzzzzzz. Check it out to see if this easy fix would work for you.