Big event coming

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Big event coming

Post by mdrburchette »

It's unbelievable what a little planning can achieve. My car club is hosting a car show that is sure to be the best in the southeast. Several Marques will be featured. The event is still in the planning stage but the idea is each country will have their own area with country specific food vendors and music. Several clubs from Florida to Virginia will setup caravans and all converge in Winston-Salem on the 15th. There will be courses mapped out for drives through the NC mountains and there's even talk of Jay Lenno being a guest speaker as well as several classic car magazines covering the event. It's our second annual charity event to raise money for the Brenner's Children Hopital and 100% of the donations will go to this charity. Now don't quote me, but during my second beer, I also heard of antique planes being featured there too. The event is taking place at the same time an aviation show was supposed to be in Winston but for some reason, it was cancelled and they want to be in on the fun. As soon as our site is updated, I'll provide a link.
81spider

Post by 81spider »

When is this event gonna happen? Im interested.
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

September 15 - 17. Here's a link for more information:

http://www.concoursdegraylyn.com/
81spider

Post by 81spider »

Great! looks Fun! I'll be there.
Are you going to the Moonshine Rally?
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

Yes. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Do you need directions? I'm going to get there around 11:00 since the driver's meeting is at noon.
81spider

Post by 81spider »

I will be coming from Myrtle Beach, SC but staying in Charlotte Fri night. Then Sat morning, driving to jonesville,NC to goto our room we booked. I think I'll be ok getting there. I will need directions to the starting point though. Thanks
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

Get on 67 toward Elkin. The big bridge on that road is closed for repair so take the left right before the bridge, then go one block and turn right onto Main St. You should see someone directing traffic at this point. They'll be lining up around 9:00. See you there!
81spider

Post by 81spider »

Thanks a lot