Un-connected Bosch FI Pressure Sensor

Gotta love that wiring . . .
mighty7
Your car is a: 1985 Pininfarina Spider Azzura

Re: Un-connected Bosch FI Pressure Sensor

Post by mighty7 »

I think I found what happened to my altitude pressure sensor branch of the FI harness. It looks like someone previously cut that branch out. I have no idea why someone would do this. Does anyone know if there was a known issue with having this sensor connected? Now I am wondering if my ECU was swapped out as well. Is there a way to check what model year the ECU is?

I found the reference to sensor on my wiring diagrams.

I think I found someone that has an 85 FI harness with the altitude pressure sensor present and I have also found sources to buy most of the components to rebuild the FI harness with new components. I have always admired those folks with clean engine compartments and new looking wiring. Most FI harnesses I have seen have cracked and dry looking sleeves and rubber connector covers.

I am still trying to spec the heat shrink protective tubing. It doesn't really shrink, but rather looks like a corrosive and heat barrier. I was leaning to Viton heat shrink, but that looks like it shrinks more. Does anyone know what the FI harness sleeves are made out of?

UPDATE - The sleeving is PVC tubing and I was able to find some sources online.