Inline Fuse

Gotta love that wiring . . .
geecee
Your car is a: Bruna - 1980 Fiat Spider 2000 FI

Inline Fuse

Post by geecee »

Could someone help me with the specs of the inline fuse? Red casing, but actually white casing one too.
Pictures would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks.
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: Inline Fuse

Post by rlux4 »

Sounds like you have a FI car, yes? If so, one is for the cig. lighter, the other supplies switched power to the dual relay for the fuel pump. The colors weren't always the same, but the one on the brown/white wire is for the dual relay.
I'm assuming you have a FI car because I'm pretty sure the earlier cars only had the one for the cig lighter.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
geecee

Post by geecee »

Hi Ron,

yes, my car is an 1980 FI. Let me clarify that when I'm talking about the colors, I'm referring to the casings of inline fuses, the "containers" basically and not the color of the ceramic fuses inthe box.

One is under the steering wheel, behind the fuses box. The casing is red and the fuse itself is a glass one in my car....16 AMP and 12V, is it correct?
What about the one in the white plastic casing? there's not way to tell.
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

As I said, Fiat wasn't consistent with the colors of the fuse holders. It's a simple matter of looking at the color of the wire the fuse holder is on; a red (usually, not all the time) wire is for the cig. lighter. The fuse holder that's on the brown with white stripe wire is for the fuel pump, switched power. This color wire has been very consistent, but seeing as your car is an 80 and it was the first year for FI, and not all 80s were FI, there may be differences in the color of the wires. If the colors I've mentioned don't match yours, pull apart one fuse holder at a time (or pull an end if they're spade terminals). Then try to start your car. If it starts, your cig lighter won't work, and vice/versa.
It sounds like you don't have Brad Artigue's wiring diagrams. They're free and downloadable in any size (mine are 14X17 - easy to read).
Go here to get the diagrams;
http://www.artigue.com/fiatmedia/wiring ... 0_1982.pdf
Hope I'm being clear enough, let us know if this clears it up for you.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
geecee

Post by geecee »

Ok, so brown/white striped wires at both ends (white casing) should be a 16 AMP fuse for the fuel pump.
Red wire on one side and two black wires at the other end (red casing) is a 8 AMP? for....cigarette lighter? I can't seem to find it in the diagrams.
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Post by azruss »

look on page 3 and 8 of Brad's 80-82 FI Schematic. P3 has the lighter fuse, P8 has the dual relay fuse
geecee

Post by geecee »

I had an older wiring diagram, but I found them.
The one with the brown/white wires at both end is a 16 AMP, and the other an 8 AMP.

I replaced them both with new ceramic type fuses.... I wonder why the 8 AMP one was a fuse of the glass type. Perhaps the PO did it, but you can clearly tell from the holder that it needed to be the little bullet shaped ceramic.

Once again, grazie mille for your help.